Director, Client Services
Professional Services – Consulting/PR Agency
Lowe Group, a financial communications agency, has an opportunity for a mid-level professional with a consultant mentality and a desire to dig in to client work across media, social media, project management and more. This role could be ideal for a financial journalist or a financial media relations or other communications professional seeking a small-company environment and a track toward eventual client leadership.
This individual works independently or closely with the managing directors to provide excellent support to clients and maintain positive client relations for a selected group of accounts. This will be achieved by working across several disciplines including media support, content development, social media, marketing support and overall project management.
This position can be office-based, remote or hybrid with periodic visits to client and media locations and the potential for work-related travel.
Client Management and Planning
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships through effective project management for select clients
- Actively participate in meetings with clients and assist with agenda creation. Lead or act as a back-up to the managing director and host client meetings as needed.
- Work with staff to assure timely and successful completion of client tasks. Complete follow-up items and client tasks in a timely manner. Ensure communication to the managing director and/or client as appropriate.
- Work with client reporting team to provide accurate and comprehensive client outcome reporting
- Monitor the news and identify important opportunities and challenges that are relevant to clients
- Conduct media outreach on clients’ behalf
- Develop ideas for pitching and assist with the execution of pitches to media
- Maintain an awareness of new client content as it’s issued; monitor clients’ social media posts
- Draft and edit news releases as well as assist junior team members with drafting news releases. Identify best platform/approach for each news release
- Report on results of news releases or other outreach
- Assist with the creation of social media outreach plans for clients.
- Monitor and assess social media outcomes and provide further recommendations for clients’ social media strategy. Write social media content on behalf of the clients.
- Evaluate and present information based on social media audits.
- Research and write/edit content on financial topics, such as articles and blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, backgrounders, feature stories, bios, website copy, policy statements and other corporate communications.
- Complete investment or personal finance related commentary or thought leadership
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional experience in media relations, public relations, journalism, or other media related fields is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex financial information in writing projects through professional business writing is required.
- Bachelor’s degree to include significant coursework in business or economics is preferred. In lieu of coursework in business or Economics, a working knowledge and interest in the financial services industry is acceptable. A master’s degree is helpful.
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail is required.
- The ability to learn and use online productivity and collaboration tools is required.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Project management skills are required.
Lowe Group Provides:
- Strong emphasis on professional growth and opportunities within the firm
- Great work environment – office location in downtown Milwaukee, walking distance to many restaurants, music venues and more
- Generous time off package including vacation time and 13 paid holidays
- Multiple medical plan options and optional dental coverage
- Company paid match to 401(k)
- Work-life balance
- Several company-sponsored events each year
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your resume along with a cover letter to Connie Hanson, Business Operations & Client Reporting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Lowe Group:
Lowe Group is a specialty communications firm based in Milwaukee, WI, providing communications and marketing services to financial services clients. We specialize in public relations, strategic communications, content development and social media strategies. Since 2003, we have helped clients create greater awareness of their products and services and define and articulate their key messages. Our clients are located across the country and include asset managers, wealth managers, fintech companies and the professional services firms that serve them. To learn more about Lowe Group and our experienced team, visit www.lowecom.com.